Saturday 29 January 2011

The worlds best brownies

Hey I'm kinda new to this whole blog thing but I have a passion for food and I want to share it with the world. So I decided to start you off with a favorite of my friends, my brownies, I take them in to school and am literally pounced on. So here goes...

Ingredients

200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
180g unsalted butter
330g caster sugar
135g plain flour
3 eggs

Instructions

-Preheat the oven to 170C / 325F / GM3

-Put the chocolate an butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Leave until melted and smooth. My favorite type of chocolate is green and blacks but honestly it doesn't really make a difference, unless you use the galaxy dark- that has too much sugar and not in a nice way.

-Remove from the heat. Add the sugar and stir until well incorporated. Add the flour and stir until well incorporated. Finally, stir in the eggs and mix until thick and smooth.

-Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until flaky on the top but still soft in the center. Test by pricking it with a knife and if nothing comes off on the knife it is done. I would check it after 25 mins if I were you because it tends to burn a little.

-To add the finishing touch sprinkle a little icing sugar, just to make it look a little bit more fancy and impressive.

Hope you guys enjoyed my first post

Blaze x

2 comments: